Dinner's supposed to get done. Not you.
Follow these six easy steps to get dinner done fast
After a hectic day of work or errands, the last thing you want to do is don a flowery apron and hunch for hours over a scorching stove. Follow these tips and you won’t have to.
- Plan ahead: Make meals a weekly decision. Plan Monday to Friday dinners before you shop for groceries, so you can pick up all the ingredients at once.
- Go easy: Add a couple of easy options to your list, such as a Hamburger Helper* stovetop supper or Old El Paso* tacos.
- Super Sunday suppers: Whip up a big meal on Sunday that you can serve as leftovers on Monday or Tuesday. Try Big-Batch Salsa Chicken Fiesta.
- Skip the chop: Chopping veggies can eat up precious minutes you simply don't have. Green Giant* Simply Steam* provides nutrient-rich vegetables—in minutes.
- Soup night: Keep dinner simple once a week by having soup with a French loaf. Try Beefy Mexican Soup.
- Get help: A lot of cooks in the kitchen can be a good idea, after all. Besides, kids are more likely to eat dinner when they can be part of the prep.