Put the ‘fast’ back in ‘breakfast’
If you plan ahead, fitting breakfast in is easier than you think
Often it’s hard enough to drag your kids out of bed, let alone get them to eat breakfast. Shave minutes off the morning routine with these seven steps and, for once, you might actually have time for the most important meal of the day.
- Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier.
- Set the table with dishes and silverware the night before.
- Put all the cereal boxes on the table before you go to bed, so in the morning you just have to pour in some milk and dig in.
- Have some fresh fruit cut up and ready to take out of the fridge to add to the cereal.
- Have muffins in the freezer. Twenty seconds in the microwave and they're done. Try Banana Raisin Muffins.
- Make and pack lunches the evening before school. For a delicious twist on sandwiches, try Chicken Salad Bundles.
- Have your kids brush their teeth at the kitchen sink—it saves waiting time for the bathroom.