Relax, it’s Mother’s Day!
5 ways to enjoy a minute—or two—of down time
Feel like you go from work to kitchen to soccer practice to bed? Mother’s Day is a great excuse to finally take the break you deserve.
- Go for a leisurely walk or a bike ride, with or without the kids. Check out trails across Canada here. When you get home, you can cozy up with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and a special treat like these Caramel Pecan Buns.
- Send the kids out for a movie matinee with Dad and relish the peace of an empty house. Take a nap, soak in a bubble bath, enjoy a grown-up dessert like the Coffee Crunch Chocolate Tart ... you get the idea.
- Have a lazy morning. Take your time rolling out of bed, and lounge around in your pajamas for a while. Let your family take care of breakfast, with easy recipes like these treats.
- Go to the spa for a day. If you must, take the family with you, but make sure you book a solo massage. Click here for a family friendly spa in your neighbourhood.
- Spend the afternoon watching movies that feature strong mom characters like Steel Magnolias, Stepmom and Fried Green Tomatoes. Don’t forget the snacks.