Don’t lose sleep over your kid’s sleepover
Follow our tips for a successful - and stress-free - sleepover
So, you've decided to host a kids' sleepover. And now you're wondering if you’ve suffered a bout of temporary insanity. Relax. Just follow the checklist below, and everyone will have a great time. Maybe even you.
- Keep guests to a minimum. Unless you want a headache.
- Find out if kids have any allergies or health conditions ahead of time. Write down the details, as well as parents' contact information.
- Serve DIY food options. Think tacos and cookies. Here are some options: All-in-one tacos and Frosting sandwich cookies.
- Add fruits and veggies to your spread. Stir up a Holiday Mexican Vegetable Dip as an accomplice to carrot and celery sticks, or try our Fruit Pizzas.
- Have activities planned that coincide with your child's age group. The younger they are, the more structure needed. A tween will probably want you to disappear for most of the night.
- Section off one room where everyone can sleep.
- Put on a movie when it gets late. This will help kids wind down, and maybe (hopefully) drift off to sleep.