Apple-Cranberry Crisp (Gluten Free)
Prep Time:15 Mins | Total Time:55 Mins | Makes:6 servings
A warm and homey dessert ready in under an hour, this fruit crisp has a crunchy topping of Rice Chex* and almonds. Plus, it's gluten free!
5 cups (1.25 L) chopped peeled apples (5 medium)
1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg
1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon peel or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried lemon peel
1/4 cup (50 mL) cornstarch
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) gluten free oats
1 cup (250 mL) Rice Chex* cereal, crushed
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
1/4 cup (50 mL) slivered almonds
1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, margarine or ghee (clarified butter), melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray (without flour).
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave apples uncovered on High 5 minutes. Stir in dried cranberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and vanilla.
- In small bowl, stir water, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt until dissolved. Stir into apple mixture. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix topping ingredients. Spread evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
COOKING GLUTEN FREE? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.