We eat vegetables with every dinner at my house and as much as steamed vegetables are great and healthy (and sometimes, boring), adding extra flavour to said vegetables is something I try to do. I love Brussels sprouts (true story), but my kids do not. Unless you add BACON.
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 onion, chopped
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup salad dressing of your choice (I'm a vinaigrette fan)
3 tsp Dijon mustard
25-30 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced.
- Cook bacon in large pan until crisp. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add chopped onions to skillet. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water, dressing, and mustard. Stir.
- Stir in Brussels sprouts. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until they are tender and crispy. Stir frequently.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over Brussels sprouts.